Monday, March 16, 2015

A Baptism and Transfer Time

Hey everybody!!!! We had a great week this week! 

Starting the week off was really stressful this week, we were trying to figure everything out to be able to work things out for Kendra's baptism. We still had a lesson to teach her, we had to go over the baptismal interview questions and we had to have her interviewed for baptism... and it doesn't help that she just started a new job! But needless to say everything worked out perfectly, prayers were answered and miracles happened! We were able to teach Kendra the lesson and go over the questions and then she was interviewed the same night and everything went great! Then on Saturday Kendra was baptized! I felt the spirit so strongly at her baptism. Kendra was truly prepared by Heavenly Father. She has such a strong testimony and her desire to follow Jesus Christ is so strong! I am so grateful for the chance that I had to be a part of this whole process for Kendra. She is a great person and I have really seen the gospel change and bless her life! This is what a mission is all about, helping others to come closer to Christ. 

We had some really great experiences this week on top of the baptism. On Tuesday we had a ZTM. We talked a lot about our commitment as missionaries and we also talked about procrastination. There was a talk entitled DO It Now by Donald Hallstrom. It was a great talk and I really got a lot from it. ZTM was so good it really inspired me. On Wednesday after we taught Kendra we went to Roseau and taught Willy, then we went to subway to eat lunch. While we were there one of the workers came up and sat down by us and she asked us what we believed about suicide. We told her that only God could judge the situation and she explained that her son had committed suicide a year ago. We were able to testify to her that she would see her son again and that families are forever. It really touched her heart and now were going to start teaching her. What a miracle, being in the right place at the right time is real. To top off this great week, it was in the 60's yesterday.... THE 60'S!!!! It was so nice! 

We also got transfer calls this week...... and sad news, I am being transferred. I am being moved to Dauphin Manitoba. It is a small little town a few hours west of Winnipeg. My new companions name is Elder Hanson. I don't know too much about him but I'm excited. I am sad to leave Warroad but I am so grateful to have served here and to have helped build this area. I will miss the amazing people here so much, but the only way to grow is to get out of your comfort zone and experience change. I will be sad to leave but excited to see what happens next!

Thank you for all your love, support, and prayers! I love you all! Have a great week!!!! 

Love Elder Farnsworth


PS: Don't send anymore letters to my address here, send them all to the mission home. Love you all!

A few pictures of Elder Elliott, Casey Nelson, Kendra, and Shayne






No comments:

Post a Comment