Monday, July 14, 2014

Eli Arrives in Melfort

What a week!  It’s been crazy to leave the MTC and to get to Canada, the flights and all of that were pretty good, we got to Canada at about 11:30 but then we had to go through customs, which was horrible, I don’t think they wanted us to come into the country haha! But we made it!  The first night we got to see a baptism which was amazing, I felt the spirit so strong, it was a great experience.  After that we went to the mission home and stayed the night. I really love President and Sister Thomas, they are so loving and caring, I definitely felt like they cared about me which was really nice haha!  On Thursday we got our first areas... that was so intense, I was so nervous to find out where I was going and who my companion was but it all worked out. I am serving in the Melfort area.  It’s  in the Saskatchewan province. It’s a really small town, it’s just a little branch here but the people are really nice. my companions name is Elder Brown, he is from Surprise Arizona and has been serving for 7 months, he is a great missionary. I have already learned a lot from him, and we get along really good so that’s a plus!

Friday was awful... we had to travel to our areas, and that is no easy task... it took about 12 hours of driving to get to Melfort. What a day... they have this thing called the transfer train were there’s a whole bunch of missionaries on buses and in cars that drive to all there areas, but it’s crazy... the logistics that go into just one transfer are crazy. the good news though is that I got a tour of the whole entire mission haha! It’s really really flat here, there’s only a few hills and there’s trees but the landscape is pretty boring haha! I still love it though, there’s so much water and everything is green!  It’s not too cold yet, the evenings are a little cold, but not too bad. I’m definitely not looking forward to winter, I’ve heard some pretty crazy stories about how bad it is... we will see I guess haha!

I have been able to teach a few lessons, it was pretty nerve wracking, but thank goodness for the spirit and my companion! we teach a lot of recent converts and less actives here, so they already know what we’re teaching, we just go over it again. we also do a lot of service here, we get to serve in a fair this weekend, and we help a lot of people on their farms. but life is good, I’m starting to get used to things, and I’m starting to rely more on spirit as I teach, that is no easy task, but it is an amazing feeling to know that what your saying is all the spirit!

Thank you all for all your love and support, I loved all the emails that I got, they were great, I’m sure your all wondering about my facebook... we are a facebook mission so I get to go on for an hour everyday but I can only talk about church related things and missionary things, so I can’t just sit and chat haha! also if you send me mail and packages just send it all to the mission home and then they deliver it. so if I don’t write back its because it can take up to 6 weeks to get things. but I would still love to hear from you all! love you all and again thanks for the support! I’m  so grateful for this opportunity, I have learned so much and my testimony has grown!!! I love the gospel!!!!!

Love Elder Farnsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment