Monday, July 28, 2014

Teaching and Service in Melfort

It’s been a whole month!!! I can’t believe that I have been out for a whole entire month!!! I never paid much attention to time until I came out on my mission. Time is a crazy thing, I can’t decide if I want it to go fast or slow... but it’s not up to me. Things in Melfort have been pretty good this week!

I taught my first REAL investigator this week... that was nerve racking! I was shaking so bad and I was nervous all morning! I mean her eternal salvation was laying in my hands! But the lesson went really really well, she started crying within the first 10 minutes and she was taking in everything we were teaching. It was an amazing experience, I loved every minute of it!!! She was going to come to church, but she had a birthday party, and now she’s going out of town for a week, but hopefully we will get to teach her again next week!

We have also had the chance to do a lot of service this week, we helped a member tear out his concrete floor in his basement and carried it all upstairs... It was HARD work, but I think I gained a lot of muscle from it haha! We also helped in the park and painted these huge pavilions.

Other than that we have just been teaching our recent converts and less actives, and we have been street contacting like crazy, I’m still lacking a lot of confidence when it comes to street contacting, but someday I will have the courage to talk to everyone I see! We had our branch picnic on Saturday, that was a lot of fun, we went to a lake and played volleyball, baseball, and ate lots of good food. It was so fun to spend time and get to know all of the branch members. This branch truly is amazing, they are working so hard to become a ward. they are the perfect example of member missionaries, they are always giving us people to talk to, and they are so supportive of the missionaries! I love the Melfort branch!

I love being a missionary, it is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, but it is so rewarding. I love this gospel so much, everyday my testimony grows, and I know without a doubt that the church is true. It’s hard sometimes because I really miss everyone, but I know this is where I need to be!!!! I love the missionary life!!!! Thank you all for your love and support!!! I love you all!!!


Love Elder Farnsworth

Here are a couple of pictures from the MTC . . .


Here are some pictures from Melfort!  It must be a little chilly already. 




No comments:

Post a Comment