Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Life in Melfort

This week was pretty good, we didn’t have too much going on, but we still managed to keep busy. On Monday we taught a man named Don, he is a less active member and has had a LOT of problems lately. He is older, and has had quite a life. We went and talked to him and he told us all about his life. For some reason he related a lot to me and I was able to talk a lot. It was one of the neatest experiences so far. It was also so humbling to realize how great of a life I have had compared to some people that are a lot less fortunate.

This weekend we got to do service work at the Melfort fair.  That was tiring, we worked in the scout booth cooking food for all the people. On Friday we worked an 8 hour shift and on Saturday we worked a 10 hour shift. By the end I thought I was going to die, my back and legs were so sore from standing the whole time, but it was really fun! On Friday it wasn’t too busy because it was so rainy, it gave us the perfect opportunity to talk to all the people we were volunteering with. Most of the people working were Christians, but not Mormons, so I started talking to this lady named Heather, we talked for a good 2 hours while we were working, and I told her about the church and about what we do during church and kind of what missionary life was like and she told me about her church. She goes to one of those Christian churches where they have like weird rock concerts and stuff but anyways, she said she had a lot of questions about our church and that she wanted to invite us over to talk! Then the best part is she said that she was willing to put her religion to the test, she said she would do everything we asked her to do, and that she would really listen to what we had to say!!!! Elder Brown was super excited and was telling me how prepared she was, I was kind of freaking out, because hopefully we just got an investigator! Hopefully this week we will be able to go and talk to her and her husband.

Other than that not too much has been going on, we’ve done a lot of street contacting, and we got to watch the Melfort parade which was tons of fun! We’ve done a lot of service this week, we volunteered at an old folks home and we helped put some doors in a house. I love it here, I feel like I’m living in a dream! I still can’t believe that I’m actually a missionary!!! I love it, I have learned so much and I’m so grateful for all the experiences that I’ve had! I love the gospel!!!!

I hope everyone at home is doing good, and keeping busy!

Love you all!

Love Elder Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment