Monday, January 12, 2015

Warroad, Minnesota

This week has been so much better than the last 4! My companion is still really struggling but we were actually able to do missionary work this week and see some success. 

I was thinking a couple days ago that I really haven't told any of you that much about Warroad and what its like here so I guess I will tell you a little more about it here!

Like I had said before Warroad is a really small place but there is a whole bunch of other places in our area along with Warroad. We have a city called Roseau and a city called Baudette, and there is a whole bunch of little towns in between. So we cover a lot of ground here, its about a 20 minute drive to Roseau and 30 minute drive to Buadette in the opposite direction. We have members spread through out the whole entire area, so we have to plan day trips if we want to go to Roseau or Baudette. That took awhile to figure out and we wasted a lot of miles in the process, but now we know haha!

The members here are so so good! A whole bunch of them are from Utah and Idaho and they all moved up here to work at the Polaris plant here. A lot of the members are engineers and they design the snowmobiles and the fourwheelers or side by sides. It's pretty neat! All the people here are really out doorsie people and they all love to go ice fishing and just normal fishing! I really do love the people here, all the members are super nice and I get along with them really well! There are five families in particular that are great, the Ericksons, the Nelsons, the Dorows, the Johnstuns, and the Menloves. They are so good to the missionaries, and they all have little kids that are super funny!!!! It makes me sad because I am already getting super attached to these people and then I will just have to leave again!!!

Anyways, this was a good week, we were able to teach 4 lessons, we taught 2 recent converts and 2 less actives, and we actually had a potential investigator come to church. We got all of his info and hopefully we will be able to meet with him this week. Thank you all for your prayers and support, they have really helped this week! Only three more weeks and I will get a new companion and then we can really get hard at work! 

Love you all and I hope you have a great week!


Love Elder Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment