Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Moose Jaw

Hello this week! How is everyone? 

So this week we had transfers. Can I just say that transfers are always so crazy! On Thursday morning I drove down to Winnipeg with another missionary named Elder Moore. We got there and we got to sit in on the meeting for all the trainees.  After that the trainees got introduced to their new companions and everyone talks for a bit and eats pizza, and then the craziness begins! So since some of the missionaries are going west, we have to stay the night in Winnipeg.  We have to figure out billets and we have to move all our luggage around and make sure everything goes smoothly.  It is quite a process. Anyway Friday morning we met at one the churches, we loaded the cars in the transfer train and we started the 6 hour drive west to Regina. So the big news is I had to drive the transfer train. I drove this HUGE 15 passenger van WITH a trailer on it and I didn't even crash :) haha! The funny part of it too was that I had 5 sister missionaries in this bus and 2 elders so it was pretty interesting. I have to admit I was pretty nervous but I did it so I was pretty excited about that! It was a long drive though and every time the wind blew I felt it haha! 

Anyway I did make it to my new area. I really love it here! Moose Jaw has about 40,000 people in it, so its pretty big. There are a ton of stores and restaurants here, so it is way different than Dauphin. There is also traffic here. I haven't had to deal with that for awhile either. I am so excited to be here though, there is so much potential in this area. The ward is really pretty good size, not huge but the members are great. They have all been really nice and it just seems like this is going to be a great place! 

I also really like my new companion. His name is Elder Baumann. He is from Austria. He is a great guy! He has a pretty thick accent, but he is super humble and just wants to go out and work. 
I feel so blessed! I am so lucky to be in a great area with a great companion. It is going to be a great transfer! 

I love you all! I hope you have a great week! 


Love Elder Farnsworth


Leaving Dauphin


 Good bye Bro. and Sis. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment