Monday, May 16, 2016

Transferred to Selkirk


This is an update for two weeks:

Two weeks ago I got a transfer call to move to Selkirk.  The call came in at 6:00 PM and I had to be on a Greyhound bus at 8:00 PM.  I had two hours to pack and say goodbye to everyone.  The bus ride from Flin Flon to Winnipeg was 12 hours long.  I did not get any sleep on the bus so by the time I got to Winnipeg I was so tired.  I got a new companion that I am training.  His name is Elder Moore.  He is also a visa waiter who is going to Macon, Georgia speaking Spanish.  We were sent to Selkirk and we are whitewashing.  When we got to the apartment that the other missionaries left six weeks earlier, it was in horrible condition.  Dirty dishes everywhere and the floor furnace and broken and there was water all over the wood floor.  So the floor had started coming up and was covered in mold.  Needless to say, we lived out of our car driving back and forth to Winnipeg for three days.  The apartment finally got somewhat cleaned up, but then my comp got sick and we could not leave the apartment for a couple of days.  It was a crazy week.

It was great talking to everyone on Mother’s day. 

Well week number two in Selkirk was much better than our first week.  So this week we worked really hard on trying to find and build an investigator/teaching pool. We have a ton of potentials and things but no one really solid yet.  We are praying and working hard so hopefully this week we find some good people to teach.  We did get a new apartment this week so that has been really nice, it’s like brand new inside.  It has a washer and dryer and all that good stuff and it’s even cheaper than the old one so that has been a big blessing! 

My comp isn’t sick anymore either so that is also a huge blessing.  Thank goodness for that.  We were able to get out and meet quite a few of the members as well so that has been good. the members here are so good, there’s a lot of younger people and families and they are all great people, I am excited to get to work with them a little more. 

On Saturday we were able to go to Winnipeg and we had a special zone conference where we heard from the Presiding Bishop, Gerald Causse and also from one of the 70s, Elder Spackman. Elder Renlund and his wife were here but they had to go to a different part of the mission so we didn’t get to hear from them.  It was such a good meeting. Bishop Causse talked a lot about the atonement and also how it is truly the center of everything.  He said each of us need to repent every single night.  We constantly need to be trying to get better and overcome our weaknesses. Elder Spackman spoke a lot about how difficult missions are but, we will receive wonderful blessings when we serve faithfully.  He also spoke about how we need to always have a prayer in our heart.  We always need to be praying and asking God for help.  If we pray and rely on him we are promised that he will answer our prayers and give us the things we need.   It was a great conference.  I love hearing from the leaders of the church.  What amazing people.  I know they are all called and chosen by God! 

Well I hope everyone has a great week, I love you all, thanks for all your support and prayers! 

Elder Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment