Monday, August 11, 2014

Temple

Well hello everyone! How's everyone doing? Things here in Melfort are going really good! For some reason we got really really busy this week with teaching appointments. We taught the Filipino family twice this week, then we taught all of our less active and recent converts, and then we even got a new investigator this week!!!! 

So funny story of the week... we went to the Filipino's house to teach a lesson, and every time we go there, they always end up feeding us. The first time they fed us spaghetti which was actually pretty good. but on Friday we went and taught them then they fed us something called menudo. I ate it and thought it was delicious but I didn't really know what it was. I thought that the meat that was in it was hamburger... well anyways the meat wasn't hamburger. Apparently menudo is cow stomach and intestine! I was a little bit grossed out, and now I'm afraid to even eat at the Filipinos! haha!

This week we also had zone conference, so we had to drive 2 hours down to Saskatoon. It was a really good meeting, after zone conference the zone leaders came and did exchanges with our district and that went really well too, I learned a lot!

On Saturday we got to go to the temple! It was so good to go to the temple. I love the temple so much! It was so peaceful and you could feel the spirit so strong! We went to the Regina temple which is about 3 hours away so we got to ride a huge charter bus all the way down and back with the branch. Also on Saturday a miracle happened!!! All week long last week Elder Brown and I had been praying for a new investigator, and we set a date of August 10th. We prayed all week and we kept trying to find someone, we street contacted a whole bunch and every time we saw no one. But we kept trying, and we kept having faith that we would find someone. Then on Saturday evening we pulled up to the church to go and facebook and all of a sudden there was a guy there. We talked with him, taught him the restoration, and made a return appointment with him. We found our new investigator, on August 9th!!! and the best part was he even came to church on Sunday!!! It was amazing Heavenly Father answered our prayers!!!! I know Heavenly Father will answer our prayers. I'm so grateful for my loving Heavenly Father who does answer prayers!!! I love this gospel!!!! Thank you all for your love and support. I would love to hear from you all! 

Love you all and hope you have a great week!!!

Love Elder Farnsworth


x

No comments:

Post a Comment