Monday, December 15, 2014

Moving Day

Well the day has come.... I have to leave Melfort. We got our transfer calls on Friday afternoon and now I am being transferred and moved to War Road Minnesota! Back to the mother land haha! I have so many emotions over my transfer call, I'm really excited to go to the states and serve, but I am so sad to be leaving Melfort. I have grown so close to the people here and it really does feel like I am leaving home and leaving my family again. There are so many people here that I have grown close to, and there is so many activities that I will miss doing here. I think this was one of the best places for me to start out my mission. I feel like I have learned so much in the past 6 months here. I will definitely miss it! 

But now its on to War Road. I guess War Road is actually even smaller than Melfort... i didn't really know that was possible haha! War Road has a population of 1500 people and there are a couple little towns around War Road with like 3000 people. I have heard that I will be doing a lot of driving there. It is about 30 minutes to each city, so that will be interesting. I also get a new companion, his name is Elder Burnette and this will be his last transfer before going home. I am so excited to get there and start working! 

Other than that our week was pretty boring, we were able to teach a couple of less active and recent convert lessons, we also taught the family that we found last week. We were able to teach them twice this week and both lessons were really good, they asked a bunch of questions and they seemed to be really interested.

This week I had one of the most amazing experiences yet. On Thursday night Jordan called us and he sounded pretty worried. He asked if we could meet him and Erin at the church to give him a blessing. He asked me to give the blessing and I was really nervous. I gave him a blessing, and I can honestly say that I have never felt the spirit that strong before. I know that priesthood power is real and I know that it can bless our lives. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has given this power to bless the lives around us and also to bless our own lives.

I am so grateful for the time that I have been able to serve in Melfort. Everybody always say how much they love the people in the areas they serve and how hard it is to leave them, I now know exactly what they mean! It is SO hard to leave, but its amazing to know that there are new experiences and new people to love! 

I hope everyone has a great week! Love you all! 

Love Elder Farnsworth


Here are some pictures of places and people of Melfort.

 Melfort Welcome Sign

 The Vera Family
They are from Chili and would feed the missionaries every Friday.

 The Ethiers
Sister Ethiers is a recent convert.  Bro. Ethier is the Branch Mission Leader.

 Benton Froc

 Jordan & Erin

The Turner Family

The Praskis

The Atwoods - aka Grandma & Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment