Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Week

Hello again this week! 

I can't believe that Christmas is already over... where in the world did the time go? I cant believe that I have been gone for 6 months too, its so crazy how fast everything goes by!

My first Christmas out in the mission field was definitely a good one. It was so good to talk to all of my family. I am so thankful for the love and support that my family has always given me. I don't know how I could do this without their support! After I talked to my family on Christmas we went over to a members house and ate dinner with them. Then after dinner we were able to watch the Lego movie, it was pretty good. It felt weird to be able to watch a real movie again... I felt like I was breaking the rules or something haha! but our mission president lets us watch any PG or G rated movie on Christmas, so it was ok!!!

Other than that this week has been pretty slow. It was hard with the holidays, but I am hopeful that this week the work will pick back up. Our mission president challenged our whole mission to read the Book of Mormon all the way through starting on Christmas and being done by New Year's Day. At first I thought this would be impossible, and I was skeptical as to if I would even get anything out of it. But as of now I am in Mosiah and its amazing the things that I have learned and put together reading it that quickly. I know that the Book of Mormon is true!!!! It has helped me so much and it gives me so much direction in my life as to what to do. I am so grateful to be on a mission and I'm thankful that I get to share this message with other people! I love this work!!!

I hope you all have a great week and have a fun new years!!!! Love and miss you all!


Love Elder Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment