Monday, July 13, 2015

Favorite Things

Hello this week! 

So this week has been really good for us here in Dauphin. On Monday we were able to go and teach a lady named Debbie and we set a baptismal date with her! It was great. We took 2 of the members from the branch with us and they were great fellowship. We taught the plan of salvation and at the end invited her to be baptized and she said yes! That was probably the highlight of my week! 
It also rained a whole bunch here this week. It was really good though, it had been hot and dry the past few weeks so the rain was good. On Tuesday we were out and it started to rain so we went back to the car and we were driving through these huge puddles! It was crazy. I don't think I have ever seen it rain that hard before. Everyone was really happy though because it watered all of the grass and all of the gardens. Other than that this week has been just about the same as the rest, just out doing good ole missionary work. We had an MLC this week which was really good. They talked a lot about how to be a leader and what it means to be a good leader. We also talked a bunch about obedience and how important it is. Obedience is the first law of heaven and its so important for us to be obedient to the commandments of God. It was a great meeting! 

So Michelle sent me some good questions that she wanted me to answer about my mission. It makes it way easier to write when I have some good questions, so if anyone has questions about my mission or what is going on just send them my way and I will try to answer them :) 

So my favorite area in my mission so far has been . . . I don't really know haha! I loved Melfort. It was such a good place and I loved being trained there, but I also really really loved Warroad. The members in Warroad were so great and they took such good care of us. I had some hard transfers there, but for the most part I really loved serving there. Dauphin is a good place too... I feel like I have learned the most being here in Dauphin. It is a hard place and we don't have near the member support that I have had in my past two areas and it has really helped me to develop as a missionary. Every area I have been in has been great but I would say Warroad is my favorite. 

As far as my favorite companion so far . . . that would have to be Elder Brown. I loved Elder Brown. He was such a good trainer and I learned a lot from him! I loved the 3 transfers that we got to serve together. He was a hard worker but we also had a lot of fun and we really got a long good! 

My favorite thing in my mission so far . . .  I really don't know. There have been a lot of good things, but I guess I don't really have a favorite. I love all of the service that we are able to do. It can be challenging at times but I love it. I also really like all of the people I am able to meet and build relationships with. I think the most crazy thing that I have done so far on my mission would definitely have to be branding cows... that is hard work haha! 

Well I hope everyone has a great week this week. I love you all and I miss you! Remember to always do what right.... and God will bless you! 

Love you all!

Elder Farnsworth


Oh hey, I forgot to tell you.... we went to a pig roast!!! It was in Neepawa at the branch president's house. There are a whole bunch of Filipinos in Neepawa in the unit there and we got to go to their pig roast! It was pretty neat. 








No comments:

Post a Comment