Monday, July 6, 2015

Keep an Eternal Perspective

This week was a little bit different than the past couple of weeks.... we were actually in our area for more than like 4 days so that was really nice! We got to go to Winnipeg this week and meet our new mission president. Elder Bee and I drove 4 hours down there, we met President Craig and then drove 4 hours back... it was a long day. It was really good to meet President and Sister Craig though, they seem like really really good people. I think they will be great for the mission. They seem a little more strict than President Thomas, which I think will be good. They also seem so loving! I think they will do a ton of good here in the mission. It's hard to change mission presidents, but I really do believe that it will help the work move forward. 

We had some pretty good experiences this week too. On Tuesday we went to a care home and did some service. It was a pretty unique service opportunity. They had us sit in with a lady that was passing away. She didn't have any family and the home care people don't want them to be alone. The lady was pretty much gone and she didn't talk or move or anything, it was interesting. I have never been so close to anyone that was dying like that before. It really made me think a lot about life and about the plan of salvation. I am so grateful to know that God has a plan for each and everyone of us. Life can be hard and it is a challenge, but we have to remember that there is so much more than this. I was reading a talk this week and it was talking all about keeping an eternal perspective. That is so important to realize that we are not going to be here forever and that someday we will pass away. We need to keep the end goal in mind, eternal life with Heavenly Father and with our families. It was such a good experience this week. I am so thankful for the opportunity we had to sit in that room with that lady. It seems like such a small thing but I learned so much from it! 

On a different note....we had branding round 2 this week! It was not near as bad as the first time! Except for the first time I went to sit behind the cow... it started pooping and it was diarrhea so I was being sprayed with cow poop! NASTY! But we survived it all and it was a pretty good day! 

This was definitely a hard week. We put a huge effort in and tried super hard but not too much really happened. I guess sometimes we just have to show Heavenly Father that we are willing to work hard and then later on the blessings will come. 

Well I hope everyone is doing good and enjoying their summer! I love you all! And don't forget to remember what is most important and keep an eternal perspective. 


Love Elder Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment