Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Love Me Some Pie

Hey everyone! How's it going? 

This week was a good week for us here... nothing too exciting but it was busy! 

On Wednesday Elder Bee and I had to give our ZTM. That was a new experience haha! We spent a good amount of time preparing for it, but on Tuesday President Craig texted us and asked us if he could come to it... that kinda put the pressure on haha! It went really well though, we had a lot of really good participation from all the missionaries in our zone so that was good! It was kinda crazy because we left Dauphin Wednesday morning to drive to Brandon. We had to pick Neepawa up on the way, but as we were getting to Neepawa our car smelled like it was burning! So anyways we thought something was wrong with the oil because we just got an oil change.  Anyways we had to take it to like 3 different places and finally they told us they would look at it. So we drove to Brandon in Neepawas car but we were late to our ZTM haha that was bad news! The car ended up getting fixed and it was just a gasket that had broken so it leaked a bunch of oil... we were blessed to make it to Neepawa! 

On Thursday we had a dinner appointment and did some service. On Friday we walked around a lot. On Saturday we got transfer calls!  So for transfer calls.... I am getting a missionary named Elder Wilson! He has been out for 9 months now. I have heard a lot of really good things about him so I am pretty excited! Our zone is kind of crazy this transfer though... we have 7 trainees. In the Brandon district there are 4 trainees and then every district is training besides our district. That's a lot of new missionaries! It should be good though, I am excited to go on exchanges and get to know all of them. 

So you asked some questions about what kinds of food we eat a lot of and what my favorite/ least favorite food we have eaten is. We get fed pretty well, we get at least 2 solid dinner appointments a week and sometimes more. We always get fed really good meals though... lots of meat and vegetables. Everyone here has a garden so its all fresh and tastes super good! We also get so much pie here. I don't know what it is but everyone loves their pie. I'm not complaining though, I LOVE pie haha! The worst thing I have eaten so far.was at the pig roast there were some weird Filipino type things. That was probably my least favorite food. The pig was good but some of the other stuff was nasty haha! 

Our good news for the week..... we got an investigator to come to church!!!!!!!! You have no clue how happy this makes me.  Donna came to church. This is the first time since I have been here that someone came. We try so hard every week to get people there, but they always bail on us. We invited Donna to come hear Elder Bee speak and she came. I couldn't stop smiling yesterday it was great!!!! 

Well I love you all! I hope you have a great week! 


Love Elder Farnsworth

Lots of rain in Brandon


Selfie with a moose

No comments:

Post a Comment