Monday, February 22, 2016

Arrived in Flin Flon

Hello from the great white north :)

I finally made it to Flin Flon.  It’s such a good place, its completely different than any of my other areas.  It’s almost a culture shock but its great!  It’s so crazy the way the people live up here.  There are tons of drugs and alcohol up here.  There’s lots of natives too.  The people are all really nice though and super receptive.  They all want to change their lives and do better in one way or another.  It’s amazing how much we teach and how much work is going on here.  I love it!  Just in the 4 days that I have been here we have taught a ton of lessons and we have been able to set a few dates for baptism as well.  

It’s going to be a great area.  It’s kind of crazy, there are 4 missionaries here and we all live together in a little two bedroom apartment.  We share our car, our food, and even the people were teaching.  Talk about sharing.  It’s been good though, I really like all of the missionaries so far and we all get along really well!  The three of them are all pretty new.  My comp has been out just over 7 months, the other one is at 6 months, and then the other is at 2 months so they are all really new but good missionaries. 

On Thursday we drove forever to get here.  I drove from Fort Frances to Winnipeg which is 4 hours than 20 minutes later got in the car and drove to Flin Flon for like 8 hours.  It was a long day haha! 

The church here is really good though.  There’s a lot of good members and quite a few little kids as well.  I love the change.  I loved Fort Frances, but it was time for a change.  Other than that I don’t have too much else to say.  I hope you all have a great week.

Love you all! 

Elder Farnsworth

Fort Frances District

 Elder Morrill

 More Elder Morrill

 People of Fort Frances

President Tovey from Fort Frances

 Sister Pigeon from Fort Frances



No comments:

Post a Comment