Monday, June 1, 2015

God's Love and His Grace

Hey! 

This was a pretty good week. We went to Winnipeg last week for our zone conference and it was a really good meeting! We learned all about the spirit and how important it is in our teaching, it was President and Sister Thomas' last zone conference so that was sad! They are really great people and I will miss them! 

This week has been a lot of service.... again haha. I love it! We got to go out and help with sheep again. That was fun! We also helped a guy moved. We worked on a couple of yards and I think that was about it! 

We were able to teach a few lessons this week, not as much as usual, but overall it was a good week. On Sunday it was really good, one of the less actives we have been working with named Bev Watson gave a talk in church and another one of the less actives named Susie Campbell, who hasn't been to church in two years, came! It was so good to see her there and to hear Sister Watson speak. I love working with less active members, its like helping them rediscover a testimony and its great to see the blessings that come into their lives because of coming back to church. 

This week I was reminded of how much I love reading the scriptures. I have been reading in the Bible and I started reading in the Book of Romans, its a great book! I love chapter 5 and 6 where it talks about the atonement and also about baptism. Chapter 6 talks about how we are baptized and how we cannot be slaves to sin. Both of the chapters talk about God's love for us and about His grace. I then read President Uchtdorf's talk about grace and WOW what an amazing gift it is from God. In there it talks about how grace is one of the ways that God shows His love for us. It's through grace that we can become more like Him and we can one day be able to receive the celestial kingdom! It was a great reminder to me that we can't do all these hard things in life on our own, we have to rely on the Lord and His grace! He loves us so much and will always help us when we turn to him! I encourage all of you to read that talk and also those two chapters they are so good! 

Anyways I hope you all have a great week! I want you to all know that I really do love you so much and I'm so grateful for your support! Thanks for all you have done for me! Love you all! 


Love Elder Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment