Monday, March 7, 2016

Finally Training

BIG NEWS...... I will finally be having a SON!!!!!! I got a phone call on Friday and I was told that I will be training a new missionary. I am so excited!!! I have wanted to train for the longest time and now I finally get the chance to. It’s going to be such a good experience. My trainee will come in on Thursday. It’s the middle of the transfer which is kind of crazy but now my comp is going to be in a tripan with the other two Flin Flon missionaries and it will be me and my trainee in the other Flin Flon area. It’s going to be an adventure, since I have only been here 3 weeks I am still learning the area myself and now I will have a brand new elder. It’s going to be great!!! I am excited.... to say the least haha! 

This week has been a good week for us teaching wise. We were able to find a new investigator, and we taught a few other people, some of who we have been trying to work with for a while. So that was a huge blessing. The lessons all went pretty good, they all understood what we taught and they agreed to the commitments so that is always a good thing. We hopefully have a baptism coming up on March 19th which will be really good!!! We are praying and hoping that it will all work out and come together. 

This week we went to a native girls birthday party and it was quite crazy haha. Their parties are much different. It was fun though.  They give the kids what’s called birthday bumps. They grab their hands and feet and they put them in the air and then they bump their butts on the ground haha. It looks painful but it was pretty funny. We also walked a ton this week. Flin Flon is a really hilly area and my word my legs were so sore. I guess it’s good though, I will be all in shape for when I come home. 

The weather has been ok. We were walking on Saturday and it was a really nice day. Everything was melting. We were walking on the side of the road and totally got splashed by this car that drove through a puddle. That stunk but it was pretty funny. Now today it’s snowing and cold again. We are supposed to get like 7 inches so that’s bad news. 

Lately I have been thinking a lot about gratitude and how we always need to be grateful for the things we are given, especially the experiences and the relationships that we are blessed with. God gives us so much. I think a lot of the time when we think of being grateful its more for material possessions but there is so much  more that we are given. One of my favorite gratitude quotes is, “What if the things you thanked God for today were the only things you were given tomorrow.” Something to think about... always be grateful!!!! 

Love you all. I hope you have a great week! 

Elder Farnsworth

Elder Morrell

Beautiful Flin Flon

Margaret

Snow snow snow




No comments:

Post a Comment